Thursday, August 19, 2010

Should Christian's Fight?

"A Christian has no right being in a fight unless it's a spiritual fight"
Charles Stanley



Many feel that to prove one's strength that one must fight. I am learning that this is not the best way to live. But it is the way that most of the world follows. I am not refering to self-defense because at times that is needed. For instance, if you are about to be killed or physically harmed, I feel that it is okay to use self-defense. I do not believe in the death penalty nor do I believe that if you are being attacked that you should kill the other person. I know this is hard. I have never been placed in a situation in which I truly had to defend myself, but I pray to GOD that if I do, I do not mortally harm my adversary. 

Apostle Paul says this, "For though we walk (live) in the flesh, we are not carrying on our warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons. For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before GOD for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds" (2 Corinthians 10:3-4 - The Message Version).

I feel that many conflicts of the world can be solved through love and understanding. Many of today's conflicts were sown in the past and the reprecussions are being felt today. In order to solve conflicts (I am speaking with limited knowledge) I feel that war and murder must cease. I feel that it is sin for Christians to kill - in war. In my opinion, I feel that war is evil and should NEVER occur. But that is my opinion and I know many do not agree with me.

I know some may say, "well, if you're country is being attacked, you are just going to sit back and let it get destroyed". But I think about the situation like this. The Western world (USA, Canada, Western Europe, and Australia). Is around maybe 25% of the world's population (forgive me if my statistics are off) and these nations have most of the world's income. Over one-billion people go without basic necessities but 25% of the world's population have over 50% of the world's wealth. That is craziness and injustice. Much of this wealth is earn through ill-gotten gain.

Many Christians in the western nations or nations of prosperity feel that they must support war to continue their ways of life. But I humbly submit that this is not GOD's way. GOD says to give away abundance. As rich nations, we are not practicing this. GOD says to share with the poor. We are not doing this. GOD says that if you have stolen to gather your wealth that you should give back 7 times what was stolen!!! The rich nations have not done this. But say they follow GOD.

What the rich nations have done is blamed the poverty, ethnic conflicts and things of that nature of the victims themselves!!! Yes, it is wrong what many nations are doing - in regards to killing. But what about the nations that have instigated these conflicts and have done nothing to solve them? And have instigated and planted the seeds of inferiority and destruction for over 500! What about the nation's that use GOD's name to influence their populace to commit acts of murder? This is not GOD'S way.

I humbly submit that if everyone (including myself) consider our neighbors better than ourselves then most of the world's issues can be solved. 

In my viewpoint, Christian's should NOT fight in wars. Many Christians have been deceived. They think they are fighting for GOD but they are fighting to continue the destruction of lives!!!! Hate should be met with love and understanding and prayer - not with death!! This only makes things worse.

As believers of CHRIST, I feel that all saints need to unite and fight the injustices of this world and remember that military might is not what rules in GOD's kingdom but spiritual power. 

"For the kingdom of GOD is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the HOLY SPIRIT, because anyone who serves CHRIST in this way is pleasing to GOD and approved by men" (Romans 14:17-18).  

GOD bless you and thank you for reading!!!


Respectfully submitted,




Edmund W. Walton

1 comment:

  1. We should always fight for LOVE, UNITY, and PEACE!

    ReplyDelete